I would like to jump on the coronavirus update bandwagon and let you all know what is happening at Musters. We are following the LTA guidelines (which can be read in full here: https://www.lta.org.uk/about-us/tennis-news/news-and-opinion/general-news/2020/march/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-venues/ ), which in brief means that:
- The clubhouse is closed and cannot be used for any purpose
- Group coaching has stopped at present
- One-to-one coaching is continuing at present for those over 16 years old
- Winter league and indoor league tennis has been postponed until further notice
- Social tennis can continue but please read the LTA guidance about ways in which to minimise contact between players.
The LTA guidance specifically points out:
The Department of Culture, Media and Sport has specifically advised us that tennis is one of the best examples of social distancing in practice, and so should be encouraged as long as the guidance permits.
Can you make sure that if you are using the courts you take all reasonable measures to clean surfaces that could be possible transmission sites such as the keypad and the gate handles.